Monday 19 October 2009

argh lobsters...

Today we are shooting a scene of me cooking live lobsters! Argh. For some reason those creatures give me the heeby jeebie's.

The only time I have ever dealt with live ones was at Ballymaloe, and we killed them in the most humane way possible which is placing them into a pot of cold water and bringing it to the boil. That way, they fall into a coma and die peacefully. 

However, I don't remember them being too happy about it. They were thrashing about in the pots, and the lids kept flying off. Dierdre and I were jumping and shreeking every 5 seconds! 

I am sure that once the camera's are rolling I will focus and get on with the job, but I can't help feeling like I am going to be eaten alive by THEM.....not the other way round.

Gulp.

1 comment:

  1. ahh but they taste so good despite the scariness! Its the one story I always give when Im asked what the best thing I cooked in Ballymaloe was!

    ReplyDelete