Friday 9 October 2009

and....ACTION!

Hi hi,

So I got here in one piece. Seriously, the overnight train from Paddington to Penzance is hilarious! You get your own little cabin with TV and all, it even has a fold away sink for you to spit your toothpaste into. I had a very strange old man in the next cabin who clearly liked having a good old chat with himself every 5 minutes, with A LOT of unnecessary sighing and spluttering. Heh.

Anywho I got to sleep and kept thinking I was going to wake up in India on the train from the Darjeeling Limited, but no, I woke up to misty grey cornish skies. Hopped on the helicopter with 17 OAP's (with some serious bird watching equipment in tow) and 20 minutes later I ended up on Tresco. Helicopter flew very low.....but was quite exciting really. My tractor was waiting for me.

The island is amazing, full of all these different palm trees and exotic plants. I met the producer and line producer but my arrival is top secret, because Joanna (director) doesn't want the actors to meet me until Sunday. As a consequence, I have ended up in the plush hotel. Such a hard life. Yup, I got king size bed, Sky TV, amazing view from my garden....yup you heard, garden. It's luxury. Just as I thought things couldn't get any better, there was a knock at the door with a girl standing there with a bottle of champagne! She put it down in the room and then realised I was on my own, and gave me a slightly strange look. 'Thanks very much, that'll do nicely' I said. So this afternoon I have to have a huge lunch, and then my schedule is to down a bottle of champers for 1 and pass out....same for tomorrow too. Shucks.

Haaaaa. This acting malarky is a joke! 

So hope you are not all too jealous. Oh, and the sun is shining, and it's warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment